30 Minute Skillet Mac and Cheese
30 Minute Skillet Mac and Cheese is a fast side dish recipe or dinner recipe. This cheesy macaroni comes together in a flash, and it tastes better than the box. I love it! It’s one of my favorite comfort food recipes.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 6
- 1 lb (1 box) pasta, medium shells
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 block (2 cups) sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 block (2 cups) Monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Velveeta
- 1 large pot
- 1 large skillet
- Start boiling some water in a large pot for the pasta. In a large skillet melt 1 Tablespoon of butter with the garlic powder, dry mustard, white pepper, and salt. Stir the spices into the butter for 1 minute, then add 1 cup of milk and 1 cup of heavy cream. Bring the cream mixture to a simmer and thicken for 5 minutes. Turn the heat to low and add all of the cheddar, Monterey, and Velveeta cheese. Stir until the cheese has melted.
- Once the pasta water has come to a boil prepare the noodle according to the package. Dump the cooked noodles into the cheese sauce and enjoy!
- Minute Skillet Mac and Cheese is a fast side dish recipe or dinner recipe. This cheesy macaroni comes together in a flash, and it tastes better than the box. I love it! It’s one of my favorite comfort food recipes.